Santa's top 10 tech gifts for 2019...
Updated: Feb 13, 2020
He's making a list and checking it twice... It's obvious that our world is all about technology nowadays. So here is our top 10 must have gifts for the season.
1. GOOGLE WIFI
We think that this is an amazing idea to help eliminate dead spots in your wifi. Google wifi covers up to 2200 square feet, double that with two of the devices. They are simple to use with the help of their app. Nest Wifi intelligently works behind the scenes managing your network settings to make sure your Wi-Fi minimizes interference and remains fast. You can also as Alexa to turn off wifi for certain devices, like for your kids...
2. NINTENDO SWITCH Although it seems like everyone is gaming on their smartphones these days, the real action is happening on handheld gaming consoles. which have come a long way since the Nintendo Game Boy. Handheld video game consoles are now almost as popular as their TV-tethered equivalents, and the games being released are just as compelling. Our kids are begging for one of these so I'm sure your kids, or grand kids are too.
3. FIRE STICK STREAMING DEVICE
This is what we use in our home, in fact we use the Fire stick on 2 of our tv's. No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch live TV and sports with subscriptions to Hulu, PlayStation Vue, Sling, and others. Fire TV Stick, the #1 best-selling streaming media player. Use the dedicated power, volume, and mute buttons to control your TV, soundbar, and receiver. Launch and control content with the Alexa Voice Remote.
Watch favorites from Netflix to Youtube, Fire TV has it all.
4. AMAZON ECHO DEVICES
We have an Echo Dot in our living room, it's great to use for a timeout timer. Meet the Echo - Amazons' flagship smart speaker that connects to Alexa to play music, set alarms and timers, answer questions, control smart home devices, and more. Fits best in living and family rooms. Voice control your music - Stream songs from all your favorite apps. Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more. Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices.
5. ANKER - POWERCORE PORTABLE CHARGER
We personally use Anker brand portable chargers, and this one is the best out there. There are better portable chargers out there but this one is the best bang for your buck. It comes with dual micro USB input offers recharge speeds up to twice as fast as standard portable charger full recharge takes just under 6 hours. Ultra-high capacity: 20000mAh is enough power to charge the iPhone 7 almost 7 times, the Galaxy S7 4 times and most tablets almost twice.
6. GOOGLE NEST HUB MAX Google Nest Hub Max helps your busy family stay in touch and on track. The Google Nest Hub Max is the most advanced smart speaker/display unit that Google has put out, with all the power of Google Assistant combined with a 10-inch display, a hefty speaker capable of filling a room with music, and a security camera mode.Thanks to the camera on the front of the Nest Hub Max, you can use the smart display to keep an eye on your home while you're away . It is compatible with smart devices like doorbells, smart light bulbs, smart outlets and so much more.
7. OONTZ ANGLE 3 ULTRA - PORTABLE SPEAKER We have used Oontz brand portable speakers for years now, Our boys use one in their bathroom. The speaker gets 20 hours on a single charge. Bonus, it is also waterproof, so listening to music in the shower won't phase it. Great for camping, outdoor family events, and get togethers with friends.
8. SoundPEATS TRUE WIRELESS BLUETOOTH EARBUDS Does the sound quality compare to Apple Airpod Pro? not quite. What it lacks in less sound quality it makes up for in price. These Wireless bluetooth headphone are about a quarter of the price of the apple comparison. It comes with multiple sizes of squishy tip so that they mold to any ear to create better sound quality. They get about 4 hours on a charge, and yes the case is the charger. Some features are, a microphone built in, it auto pairs to your cell phone, and 12 months hassle- free warranty.
9. Frontpoint Home Security System Rated overall best system by consumers because it is easy to install. Featuring a wide selection of useful home security sensors that are competitively priced. They are non-proprietary so you can mix and match them with other companies devices.Want more information? Here's a link for you...
10. SMART WATCHES APPLE WATCH 5 vs. FITBIT VERSA 2
The Series 5 is available in different case materials: aluminum, ia new titanium case material, and a white ceramic option, each with a variety of watch bands.
The Apple Watch also comes in an LTE version. Equipped with a microphone and speaker, you can make and receive calls and texts on the watch itself.
Unlike the Series 5 allows allows Siri to speak her answers, responses on the Versa 2 only appear as text.
Both watches also track the same metrics including steps, distance, and workouts. While both also track elevation, the Series 5 comes with a new Compass app that shows you what direction you're facing.
The Versa 2 doesn't come with on-board GPS like the Series 5, which means a phone is required if you want to precisely track your runs or bike rides.
While details have yet to be unveiled, Apple added Activity Trends to watchOS 6, which shows a long-term view of your activity patterns to help you understand your progress better over time.
There's also a new Noise app, which analyzes ambient sound levels and how it negatively impacts your hearing.There's no denying that Apple wins for its extensive third-party app offerings, while Fitbit is slowly increasing its library.
The Fitbit Versa 2 costs half as much and has many similar features.
The Versa 2 is only available in aluminum, in similar colors as the Apple Watch including black, gray, and rose gold.
The Versa 2 on the other hand, only comes with a microphone that you can use to interact with Amazon Alexa.
Apple and Fitbit both incorporated always-on display mode into their new models.
The Versa 2 boasts an impressive five-day battery life; in our tests, it lasted three days with the always-on display feature turned on. Even with a battery-saving feature, the Series 5's 18-hour battery life can't compete there.
Both watches also come with optical heart rate monitors, but the Series 5 can take an electrocardiogram (ECG) and alert you if it detects an abnormal heart rhythm that could possibly indicate atrial fibrillation.
The Versa 2 has SpO2 sensors that measure blood oxygen levels, which can help detect health issues like sleep apnea.
If you have an Android, you're better off with the Versa 2. While it's compatible with iOS as well, those with an Android can send text messages using the watch's display and Amazon Alexa's voice-to-text feature. The Apple Watch is only compatible with an iPhone.